(A Murray family tree)
- If you would like to fill-in a form with the details of an extra person or to correct an existing entry please click here.
- If you can offer a photograph, could you send it by mail to a postal address you will find either on our web site or via the links at the bottom of this page. We can return the photo immediately we have scanned it. Alternatively you might be able to send it electronically as an attachment to an E-mail. The ideal format would be one between 200 and 400 pixels wide in .gif or .jpg format. (We can convert images in other sizes and formats). We could fetch photos from web sites if they are already on display there.
- If you have lots of photos available, then aim for one where the subject is about 30 years old; adult but not yet showing signs of wear and tear. However, any photo will do - at the time of writing this, I still have a photo of myself in place as a 59 year old.
- If you would like to have a copy of our Murray family tree, in so far as we know it, then you can get from us a GEDCOM file which can be imported into any type of commercial family tree software. Ask by E-mail and we will send it to you as an E-mail attachment.
- Well, anything you have got really! Names, spouses, children, dates of births, deaths and marriages. Also the places where these things happened, with details such as the church if possible. Please include it since it might help to track-down extra information later.
Format for detailed records
- Each page is a family and contains details of the parents and, to a lesser extent, the children. There are links to the grandparents.
- Such a format means that information on the children come up as you click on a hyperlink from their names. Mostly there is no child information entered until they get married.
- The format is a bit slow-moving but simple to construct and maintain. There are some natural consequences from this format. One is that it is rather slow to move around the family tree, unless you already know enough to dive in from this page. Another is that a much-married person will have separate page to cover each liaison: there will be hyperlinks at the foot of each page. This means that the children will be on separate pages.
If you have extra information about any branch of the family
please contact Gordon and Joan Murray by...
Filling-in a form
Back to ClanMurray Page